Sunday, April 22, 2012

Airport


Yesterday i went to the airport for dropping off Mom. She’s going to a week-trip around Europe with some sponsors. Few minutes ago she just texted me that she had arrived safely in Vienna, the first stop. The next day she will continue to Prague and then Berlin until April 29th. I couldn’t envy her more.

I had few things in mind that i’d like to share in this post.

The first one is about the airport. I have to admit that i have a thing for airport. It may be one of my favorite place in the world. It makes me happy just by visiting it, either it’s for catching a flight or just dropping off/picking up someone. I don’t know why, i just love the vibe, the traffic, the people, the planes, and everything. I love to see planes taking off and going places. I love to see many kinds of people walking fast, carrying luggage, having farewell, asking for information, or waiting for something. I love to see the information board and read what’s going on, which plane has arrived or or departed or delayed or cancelled. I love to see those names of plane and cities of destination, i feel closer to them just by reading their name on the board. I know that i’d never get bored visiting the airport. :)

The second one is about the convo i had with my dad on our way home. We talked about those countries we has visited. So far, Dad has visitted 12 countries around the world. I’ve only been to 7 countries and then Dad told me it’s important to travel even more and to prioritize going abroad. I asked him, why? Why don’t we prioritize traveling inside Indonesia? He said that it’s different. Going abroad will widen your horizon. You will see things exactly the opposite to the one you used to see in Indonesia and you’ll have your own perspective. Of course knowing and loving things inside your country are important as well, but speaking of expanding knowledge, it won’t help a lot. It will stop at knowing, but not learning. That’s why we must place ourselves as international citizens.

Travel as far as you can,

explore, discover, and learn,

then compare, compare to the things we have here and say thanks, thanks because you know it, thanks because you experience it yourself,

and share, share your knowledge to others,

and keep traveling until no place’s left.


No comments:

Post a Comment