Monday, May 8, 2017

Can I be your drinking buddy???

Context: As per September 2015, I officially resigned from Kpop. Meaning I don’t do an intense follow up and observation like I used to do back when I worked at XXXXX. I stopped every Kpop affiliation/networking. I deactivated all Kpop related accounts. Well I still listen to some of them sometimes, but I have completely cut ties with those who are trending after September 2015. Don’t expect me to know about BTS, Twice, etc.. as well as any new K-drama. I can hardly know.

Situation: Made a new friend yesterday. A Korean.

Her: So do you like Kpop?

Me: Yes.

Her: Who’s your favorite?

Me: 2NE1.

Her: Ah~ 2NE1~ You must be really sad when they disbanded~

Me: I was, yeah.

Her: I’m really sorry~

Me: That’s fine. Thanks anyway.

Her: Anyone else do you like?

Me: Not many nowadays…

Her: Oh! My childhood friend is a Kpop star!

Me: Oh, really? What’s his/her name?

Her: His name is Lee Jinki!

Me: Hmmm… is he a singer or an actor?

Her: He’s a singer, but sometimes he does acting as well!

Me: Hmmm… I don’t think I’ve ever heard of him, sorry~

Her: Recently he starred in a very famous drama! If you’re a fan of Kpop you must know the drama, it’s called “Taeyang-ui Huye”. Very very famous!

Me: Err… I barely watch K-drama~

Her: “But this one is very famous! OMG! What do they call it in English?? I forgot the English title!! (*googling*)

Me: Hahaha~ Seriously it’s been so long since the last time I watch-

Her: HA! (*showing me her phone*)



Me: Wait, WHAT???????

Her: The drama is called DESCENDANT OF THE SUN! My friend was the doctor in this drama, he acted alongside Song Hyegyo! What a lucky bastard!



Me: (*established this fact in split second*) YOUR FRIEND IS….. ONEW????????????????????????????

Her: Ah yeah, that’s his stage name, hehehe~ I always call him by his real name, Jinki-ya! Hahahahahahahaha

Me: HOLYMOTHER OF KPOP!!! YOU ARE A CHILDHOOD FRIEND OF ONEW!!!!!!!!!!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~

Her: So you do know him! Hahahaha~~ Yes, I am. But I never see him often nowadays. He’s really busy~

Me: OF COURSE HE’S BUSY!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~~ OMG! OMG! OMG! TELL ME MORE ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Her: He’s very nice and friendly. To be honest, he doesn’t look like a celebrity in real life. Hahahaha~ Sometimes we go drinking if he isn’t busy~ He is my drinking buddy as well~

Me: HOT DAMN~ CAN I BE YOUR DRINKING BUDDY TOO?????

**

Aaaand… you can project the following conversation between me and her. :)

I really love creating this kind of writing, a skit-y or sketch-y kind of. In fact I have a bunch of skit-y story inspired by simple daily conversation like this.

Unfortunately, the time won’t accommodate~ T.T

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment