Thursday, August 4, 2016

Caesar Salad


Situation: Teaching my Chinese friends how to pronounce my name.

Case 1

“SEETA”

Pronunciation: Si-Ta

Level of Difficulty:

Friend 1: Hi, I’m Friend 1. What’s your name?
Me: Hi, I’m Seeta.
Friend 1: Shi.. what?
Me: Seeta. Si-Ta.
Friend 1: Shi..Te?
Me: S-Double E-T-A
Friend 1: *typing* *showing it to me*

“Sweda”

Me: No, double E with T, not D.
Friend 1: Shi-Tha?
Me: Err.. Here let me help you. *writing*

 

Friend 1: Aah… Sita!
Me: Yes. :)


Case 2

“LESCHA”

Pronunciation: Le-Sha

Level of Difficulty: ★★★

Friend 2: Are you Russia*?

Note*: The way he pronounced “R” sounded like “L”

Me: No, I’m from Indonesia.
Friend 2: No, I mean, your name. You are Russia, right? That’s what the lecturer called you yesterday.
Me: Huh? What do you mean?
Friend 2: Your name… is Russia, right? Russia Mershitha?
Me: Oh my God! Sorry, it’s Lescha, not Russia.
Friend 2: Yeah, that’s what I said, Ressia.
Me: I thought you called me Russia.
Friend 2: Hahaha~ Nice to meet you, Ressia.
Me: Nice to meet you too.


Case 3

“CAESARIANY”

Pronunciation: Si-Ser-Ra-Ye-Ni

Level of Difficulty: ★★★★★

Friend 3: What’s your last name?
Me: It’s Caesariany. Pronounced Si-Ser-Ra-Ye-Ni.
Friend 3: Shi-zers…
Me: Caesar. Si-ser. Caesar as in Julius Caesar, you know, the Roman mythology..
Friend 3: ……….
Me: Caesar from the C-Section, when delivering the baby..
Friend 3: ……….
Me: Caesar, the ape? From the movie Planet of The Apes..
Friend 3: ……….
Me: Here, let me write it down for-
Friend 3: Wait! As in caesar salad???
Me: Err… yeah as in caesar salad.





THE END. 

No comments:

Post a Comment