Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Transformers in Me


This super-cool song is one of the soundtrack of Transformers 3 : Dark of The Moon


I was recommended by my friend to listen to this song. At first, i felt nothing. Nothing special to this song, it’s just like another Paramore kinda songs. But when i googled it further, i figured out that this song is Transformers 3’s OST. I was like... wow!

I’m a fan of Transformers, really, even though i’m not reading the comics. I like it more like because of this man.

Hohoho~

But seriously, back in 2007, my friends invited me to watch this movie about the war of robot. I was like “Pffft~ Are you kidding me? War of robot? What kind of childish movie is that?!”

FYI, back there I was no fan of American comics creatures, superheroes, science fiction creatures, what so ever.. Simply because i grew up with Disney, and Harry Potter, but that’s not the point. I was that kind of kid who prefer to watch those bubble teen movies other than blockbuster movies. I love those cliché teenage love stories for a silly reason: i saw the reflection of my life in the story.

Take Freaky Friday for example, i heart Freaky Friday a lot by the way *one hard Lindsay Lohan fan* The story tells about a daughter who always quarrels with her mother. Her mother never supports what she does and neither does she to her. Then their bodies are switched due to an enchanted fortune cookie, and the magic can only be destroyed if they begin to understand each other more and eventually it’s the mutual self-respect that sorts the things out.

The story somehow reminds me of me and my mother. We always disagreed to each other choices, she yelled at me a lot, i yelled at her a lot, it happened everyday. So when i saw how Lindsay Lohan reacted to Jamie Lee Curtis’ angers or orders or stuffs, i saw myself in her.

So that was how Seeta in her early teens interpreted Hollywood: about Disney, Disneyland, Disney Teens, Bugs Bunny’s gang, The Olsen Twins, and about music, MTV stuffs, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Mandy Moore, and so on.

But then when i first saw Transformers in the theatre, it was like... a gate, that introduced me to Blockbuster. Hollywood is more than just Disney- It’s a whole lot bigger than that. Transformers somehow enchanted me to enjoy all the spectacular special effects shown in the movie, the kind of makes me feel like.. “Wow! This is cool!” Maybe because i found them beautiful, and amusing, and in a strange way.. addictive~

So i opened myself to watch more Blockbuster movies even though i had no knowledge how the stories are about. I just love to see those effects, and twists, and casts, and soundtracks, etc.. Until now, i found myself as a new-born movie buff. Haha~

So, Transformers, the first one: awesome, simple plot, GREAT effects, GORGEOUS casts ♥ ♥, OVERWHELMING soundtracks, and what else? Happy ending? Haha

Then, Transformers 2: GREATER effects, but so weak in intregrating the plot, got really confused by the appearance of so many robots all at once, failed in making interesting twists, but the soundtrack remained overwhelming, even though not as good as the first one, let’s just say Michael Bay was too... ambitious.

My score?

Transformers 1 [8.1/10]
Transformers 2 [6.5/10]

If someone asks me to retell Transformers 1, it will be easy beacuse i still remember every detail of those scenes perfectly. I still remember Sam Witwicky’s awkwardness when he first took Mikaela to a date. I still remember how Bumblebee’s trying desperately to protect Sam and how beautiful their chemistry was.

But if i was asked to retell Transformers 2, i doubt i can explain it, because the story was not so impressive in my eyes. 

If my 7.17 would be for Harry Potter, then my 7.18 would be for Transformers 3. I still see a chance for this sequel to improve itself, especially with the presence of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as the replacement of Megan Fox. Besides, looks like i’ve already fallen in love with the packaging of these robotic schemes, and also with Shia Labeouf too. So Transformers is basically Harry Potter all over again for me, regardless how disappointing the director decision was. :P

So Autobots,

ROLL OUT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment